What Information Is Collected And Why
- Personal identifiable information (PII) and non-personal information is required to verify and satisfy West Virginia’s Board of Examiner’s of Psychologists’ licensing requirements.
- We collect applicant’s name, address, Social Security Number, FEIN# (if applicable), date of birth, phone number, email address, as well as, employer’s name, address and phone number.
- We collect, for verification purposes, license data from other jurisdictions.
- In addition to the above, we also require and collect official university transcripts and EPPP scores.
How We Use the Information
- Per West Virginia Code §30-1-6.d and the Federal Privacy Act, we must collect an applicant’s Social Security Number before a license can be issued. We may share information with government organizations and others required by law. We may also be required to submit information to authorities after receiving a legal request or court order.
- Per WV Code §30-1-13 & Title 17 Legislative Rule §17-2-4, we do sell PII (License Number, Name, Work Address, City, State & Zip, work phone numbers, email addresses, and licensure information) as a roster/mailing list for a fee. These lists do not include social security or FEIN numbers. The lists are typically requested by insurance companies, continuing education companies, state agencies, etc, but are available upon request to any member of the public. A signed consent to release this information is not required because WV Code specifies it as public information. Information required by the State of WV is indicated on renewal forms.
- You have the right to review your information in our records and to request changes if incorrect. To make changes to your psychology or school psychology license such as a name change, you must submit a copy of the legal document (marriage certificate, divorce decree, etc.) to the Board. To change your address of record with the Board you must submit a written request providing your name and license number as well as the old and new addresses.
- Submission of an application for licensure to this Board implies your consent with regards to the above-stated information.
If there are concerns regarding the collection and/or use of your personal information, please contact us. We will make every reasonable effort to address your concerns.